Friday, June 27, 2008

It is not all about Boobie advertising -- says Matlida from Newport Beach, CA

One of our readers sent us this comment to state that sex advertising was not everything, suggesting that we focus on the true quality of POMEGA5 products, here is what she says:
I’ll tell ya’ as a consumer, it’s so refreshing to see an advertiser use their brain by using something other than sex to sell a product.

I mean no offense, there’s only so much sexual innuendo (the Herbal Essence commercials) and naked ass (the Victoria’s Secret Angels commercials) that a heterosexual gal like me can take!
Because let’s face it, the world revolves around me!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Just kidding ya’ll!
And like a breath of fresh air.
Ahhh!

Comes the Verizon Wireless, “Don’t Be Afraid Of Dead Zone” Commercials.

As Bridget Jones would say, this “clever” company is using one of the oldest marketing tools in the world to sell their product.

BOO!

I know that I scared you!

Their using the horror/suspense genre to sell their product.
And as Tony the Tiger, the mascot for Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes would say, I think that’s Gr-r-reat!

As a humongous horror/suspense movie fan, I think it’s so cool that this company is using this method to sell their phone service.
I’ll tell ya’ John Carpenter, Steven King, Wes Craven, Brian DePalma, M. Night Shyamalan and even the master of suspense films himself Alfred Hitchcock would “scream” with delight over Verizon Wireless’ clever marketing campaign.
So Verizon Wireless, kudos to you for using a marketing tool other than tits and ass to sell your product!
Because everybody knows that American advertisers are better than that!
We’re innovative and creative, dammit!

No comments: